Landscape area tool - triangular array

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this question a couple of weeks ago. How do I direct it so that someone answers? I'm new to the Vectorworks community forum, so some guidance is welcome :). And just to add to the question - it would be so great if Landscape Area could also do 'Natural Spacing'. Will that become a possibility in the future?

Hi Olivia,

I recommend that you post a request for the desired functionality in the Wishlist Forum.

Vectorworks does not normally comment on unreleased functionality so it it unlikely that you will get a direct response to a future possibility. But to me it sounds reasonable and like something that could get added in some future version.

Pat Stanford

Volunteer Moderator.

3 hours ago, OliviaWild said:

I posted this question a couple of weeks ago. How do I direct it so that someone answers? I'm new to the Vectorworks community forum, so some guidance is welcome :). And just to add to the question - it would be so great if Landscape Area could also do 'Natural Spacing'. Will that become a possibility in the future?

Vectorbits have a plugin that will place circles on a Voronoi patter (a type a randomness, or naturalness)
http://www.vectorbits.org/VectorBits_2011/donationware/Entradas/2011/1/9_Voronoi_PIO.html
I have played with it and it's really good, and simple.

There's a marionette node, that prob. does more than you need:
https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/42135-node-example-for-filling-an-area-with-symbols/#comment-211794
I have not tried this, but the discussion there suggests there's a good workflow.

10 hours ago, Amanda McDermott said:

Thanks for the link to Vectorbits, sounds potentially useful - I'm finding it hard to understand from the website though, are all their plugins only for Mac users, or do they work on Windows?

I've tried several and all, so far, seem fine in windows. Vectorbits is a bit of an unusual website though, in that they run instances of previous websites - complete with all software; it takes some getting used to.

I tend to search it using google like:

voronoi site:.vectorbits.org

as the pages' own search doesn't always find everything

• Like 1