Section Marker - no longer able to customize "cut line" shape

Erica H

Question

Hi

so it seems that yet again Vectorworks has deleted a function that is a drafting standard for set theatre designers, not to mention not harming a fly. . .

I USED to be able to make custom section markers in my annotations, for example when making staggered cut lines through walls where you also want to cut through a window that's not on CL

I'm now no longer able to manipulate or draw the cut line in the section marker (don't even get me started on the red link symbol not going away). It won't even let me move the marker away from the vertical cut line. 

Am i missing something or have you deleted this option? I've resorted to copy and pasting my section lines from older files, but this seems like a choice made by someone who doesn't know industry standards . . . 

please advise, as i also TEACH drafting for theatre, and this is actually something i usually include and now i'm at a loss . . . 

1 answer to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Erica,

You can still create staggered Section Lines.  However, you can no longer create Section Lines with angles between segments other than 90º.  The reason for that change is because you can now create Section Viewports directly from the Section Line and section cut planes of a staggered section must all be parallel to each other.