VWA Door & Window Schedules

1) I use the new door and window PIOs and I select the "On Schedule" option.

2) I use the "Tools/Reports/VA Create Schedule..." Menu command.

3) I select the appropriate door or window schedule options from the list.

4) When the quite extensive and large schedule appears, all dimension fields are in a neutral number format, apparently representing decimal inches.

5) When I try to alter the format of these fields, I try to choose the "Number/Dimensional" format.

6) I get a very strange result. Instead of converting [32] to [2'-8"] it changes to [32'0"]. That's not what I expected, wanted, nor find acceptable.

7) I cannot seem to locate an option to get the output I desire, so much merely add ["} to the "Trailer" field.

8) Am I missing something, or are you going tell me something where I regret using the PIO's labeling functions?

quote:

Originally posted by jwouellette:

6) I get a very strange result. Instead of converting [32] to [2'-8"] it changes to [32'0"]. That's not what I expected, wanted, nor find acceptable.

I too could not find a way of showing dims in terms of ft-in. So, in the meantime, I add the " (inches) suffix.

According to my experience I would say :

Beware of the new VW12 windows and doors. They are not very trustfull in terms of dimensions on schedule.

i.e, insert a door in a wall, generate schedule. Copy that wall into another wall with different width => the schedule won't give the correct dimensions for the frame but the data of the first wall...

many other unexpected strange behaviours (see my previous post)

I would recommend to double check the use of those when generating automatic schedule.I ended up drawing symbols and attaching my own records - alas suppressing the flexibility of the PIO - for all doors and windows that need to be on schedule.

Looking forward to 12.1

G McBeath,

Thanks for the working solution. I only wish I could see it in a [3'-0"] format instead of [3'0"]. Picky, but it is a matter of convention/tradition one gets used to.

LMT,

I agree that the PIOs and Scheduling functions are far from perfect. I only have ArchiCAD 9 to compare to and found the ArchiCAD has it down pretty well, but VWA is not far off. Just a little tweaking is needed.

I may have to return to the previous method of a separate ID symbol with the record fields and formats I prefer to show. I was hoping to showcase more of VWA12 functions with this project. However, I don't want the showcase to obscure the Construction Document Set's function.