Why no ability to delete default signals etc?

CharlesD

I am trying to understand the logic behind why you cannot delete many of the default ConnectCAD things. Many feel like they were created with too narrow a scope to be useful in my line of work, and with an inconsistent logic.

For example: CC defaults with "3G" RF and "4G" RF signals-- but it only comes with "HDMI" signal. "HDMI" isn't useful if you have to differentiate between HDMI 1.4, HDMI 2.0, and HDMI 2.1. Three different signal standards that share one connector.

I'd rather just delete it all and make my own.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Dear @CharlesD

We are in the process of reviewing and revising the signals, connectors and device data. These are all related so it has to be done in one go. The question of turning off default content has already been discussed at length in another thread. It would have to be all or nothing and I believe would create its own swathe of problems when people who have gone their own way want to work together again.

It's that time of year when you all start to bring up matters that we are already tackling but we can't tell you about yet. Please be patient, we are constantly working to improve ConnectCAD.

Kind regards

Conrad