How to Create - Water Colour 2D Plans

Adrian G

Hello,

I've been experimenting with a new look for my 2D landscape designs, and have been wanted a more creative water colour aesthetic. Attached is my design. However, my drawing often gets bogged down by the images I've applied to the plants and surfaces, and I later get messages my computer is running out of memory. These symbols I've created for plants and furniture make each move a slow and lagy process.

I've uploaded these images to my resource image palette and have chosen water colour swatches that have many of them so I don't have to upload too many images. However, stretching each image to fit unique shapes is an annoying process.

1) Does anyone know where I can buy or access swatches that have a unique water colour texture I can apply to my 2D surfaces?

2) Is there a way of uploading images to the resource browser so that they don't slow down the rendering of my drawing as I am working on it.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. 

Thank you 🙂

WaterColour Swatch.JPG

Gibson_PresentationPlan_01_02_22.pdf

• Like 1

Hmmh,

the problem will be that these will be separate Image Textures and may need

a reasonable image resolution to look good. This will always need more

memory than some delivered 2D Vector Graphics.

But they look gorgeous !

Did you save each as single PNGs and optimized Pixel resolution to a minimal

but reasonable amount already ?

On 4/20/2022 at 4:16 PM, Adrian G said:

1) Does anyone know where I can buy or access swatches that have a unique water colour texture I can apply to my 2D surfaces?

An option could be to have a look at the Affinity store, there are several asset packs/add-ons for water colour artwork. You could use those to create tiles in e.g. Affinity Photo. A nice set could be https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/store/product/daub-watercolours-and-washes-brush-pack/

Then there are programs like ArtRage and Clip Studio Paint that may be useful to create your swatches.

Krita (freeware paint program  similar to ArtRage, Painter etc.) has a texture template, combined with its watercolour brushes it might be useful as well to try.