Spotlight 2022 - Pipe Tool and Clamps on Fixtures

Daniel K

Question

I am pretty new to Vectorworks Spotlight and a few things drive me crazy and maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

a) Pipe Tool keeps crashing the software on me. Every time I try to convert a pipe into a hanging position the software crashes? Am I not allowed or supposed to do that?

b) Every time I insert a new fixture into my drawing I have to spend a lot of time to figure out if the light has a camp attached or not. If it has a clamp it nearly never snaps correctly to the truss. If I enter the fixture in Front view the light always ends up in strange angles.

c) how I can I swap claptypes or add a clamp to a fixture that has none,

I come from a different CAD software it it never was a problem there. The software even changed the distance between the lamp and the truss according to the clamp type and also knew where the clamp would fit within the bracing of the truss or not or where it would collide with other fixtures so it would not allow me to place the fixture in that spot.

Does Vectorworks not support those things or did I not find the right checkbox?

Thanks for helping.

Daniel 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet