2D change view orientation

Pacobahn

I'm drawing buildings elevations off of a plan - 2d. I'm just using one plan, not copying and turning the copy for each elevation, and drawing the elevations off of construction lines that radiate from the plan. The top elevation is drawn upsidedown, the right and left elevations are drawn at 90 degrees and the bottom elevation is drawn normally.

Is there a way to turn how I'm looking at the drawing (in 2d) so I don't have to do the mental gymnastics of drawing elevations upside down? I'm not keen on rotating the drawing elements - just want to rotate my view (and not have to learn how to operate an upsidedown mouse - for all the rotate the monitor suggestions).

Thanks!

Paco you can use layer linking to achieve what you want.

- Create an elevation working layer.

- Layer link in each floors plan making sure you check Project 2D Objects.

- Unlock the layer links and rotate them as you need so that you can draw your elevations the right way up.

- As you change the plans the Layer Links will update showing the changes.

- When you are absolutely finished delete the Layer Links.

You can either rearrange the elevations on the design sheet or just isolate them off as individual Viewports

NOTE:

You can even duplicate the Layer Links so that you have 4 instances for each elevation you are drawing and perhaps another 2 for sections. Each instance will automatically update with any changes.