Door & Window Schedule

mikatoa

Apart from a door & window 'schedule' on worksheet we also create/draw door & window 'schedule' showing their elevations with anotataions under. Is it possible to extract these elevations from the door/window (plugin) on a floor plan. I've managed to do this with one door/window but cannot seperate them when their are others doors/windows within the same plan. I.e. selecting the door plugin and creating a viewport using elevation view.

We still using VW11.5. Is this possible on VW12

You could try the following: Select door (or window), Go to EDIT>DUPLICATE. With the duplicate still selected, change to a front (or side) view. Now go to MODIFY>CONVERT TO POLY. Now you will have a 2d group of the elevation view of the plugin. You can cut and paste it into the appropriate place. Does that help?

Thanks Peter. I was hoping to keep the plug in intack if there were any changes. Was just trying to

workgroup ref a floor plan and using viewports organise a 'elevation' schedule. I've noticed that with the door (selected) i.e. 1 door, I could use it as a viewport crop and If I change the door on the 'plan' the elevation also changes including the viewport crop size.

Another way to do this is to make each door and window a symbol using the Leave Instance in Place option. You can then create a separate drawing(s) with instances of each door and window symbol used. Switch to a Front elevation view and you will have elevation views of all of your door and window symbols. If changes are made to a door or window symbols the visual appearance will automatically update.

You could also create the visual schedule by copying each plug-instance manually and place it in the drawing so that it can be seen in elevation view. Changes would all have to be done manually though.

The creation of visual schedules of doors and windows automatically should be on the wish list. Also the capability to make changes by editing the schedule instance and having this translate through to the model instance.