Rotate around a line?

I suppose rotating around a line in 2D is the same as mirroring ? 😉

If rotating an object in 3D around a line that lies somehere in space I would recommend to convert the line to nurbs. Then the working plane tool in planar mode automatically creates a plane perpendicular to the nurbs line. With this plane activated the rotation tool will rotate the object parallel to the working plane.

(select working plane as active plane, select object, select rotation tool, click on the nurbs curve to set the rotation origin, click to set the startpoint of rotation, click to set the endpoint of rotation)

HTH 🙂

Edited by halfcoupler
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, Tom W. said:

select the Working Plane (click on one of the coloured axes) you'll get interactive coloured handles that appear allowing you to manually rotate the Working Plane any way you want

I have the Menu/Modify, the contextual menu, and the edit working plane methods working to do this now. Thanks, but I can't figure out how @Tom W.'s way works? I can select the working plane, but I don't get any arrows to move? This is what I see:

343941469_ScreenShot2022-04-20at8_30_05PM.thumb.png.98a68d0bfa7849422361a2efb6b51357.png

Edited by Bruce Kieffer