Custom Door leaf

MKingsley

Hello all,

I'm using a custom door leaf on a door that was created using the VW12 door tool and then converted into a symbol. What I can't do is give that door leaf a custom color. I can access that door leaf symbol in the file's collection of symbols in the resource browser and edit that to the color I want using styles in the classes window. In the symbol edit window the door then renders as I want. I then go to choose that door leaf from within the settings dialog of the door symbol created earlier and all the "special classes" in the "view" settings are as I want them. Everything works fine except for getting the door leaf to render using the choices in the special classes. It just renders to a putty color with the glazing clear and not blue like I want. Am I doing this correctly or is this not possible using the custom leaf choice.

TIA,

Michael Kingsley

VW12 Arch+RW, PowerBook G4 1.5, OS 10.3.9

Michael,

You will need to edit the custom leaf in the custom leaf libray file in the VW 12>libray>defaults folder, then use the edited leaf in your door.

You may want to duplicate the original leaf and edit the duplicate to your liking.