macOS 11 - Big Sur Command Key not working in save Dialog

matteoluigi

Question

Hi,

did/does anybody else experience, that the command key doesn't work specially in Vectorworks (tried it in work,... - everything fine), just in VW it doesn't work, so i can't press cmd+a for example, to mark up the whole file name, cmd+x, cmd+c, cmd+v doesn't work either... (in VW 2020, 2021 and 2022)

Any ideas why?

I already asked in the german board. Seems to my like an issue from Vectorworks on macOS Big Sur...

6 answers to this question

tried to

- reset the user folder: no success

- tried with another user: no success, too.

every time i want to edit the filename text inside the save-dialog..., no cmd keyboard shortcuts work inside the save dialogue text-input field.

Got it already confirmed by some users on the german Vectorworks-Board. I'm not the only one. (in fact every user, who answered my post experienced the same issue, their using Big Sur and Monterey as operating systems)

It doesn't matter if you think it is a bug, it only matters if VW thinks it is a bug.

If the task document does not specify that Copy/Cut/Paste should work in the Save dialog box, and you submit it as a bug, they will mark it Working As Designed and nothing will happen.

If you file it as an enhancement request then it if is a bug or not they will at least consider working on it.

My guess is it will not be fixed for VW2022 unless it really is a bug.

• Like 1