Radial Dimension Crashing

eric.rktek

Just had the radial dimension crash VW12 twice in a row. I was trying to dimension the angle between two lines I had drawn in the viewport. Has anybody else experienced any problems with this tool?

I also wanted to ask if NNA can look at modifying the measure radial tool so that it can measure referenced objects in viewports (instead of having to draw some guide lines to snap to in the viewports).

May I suggest to upgrade to OS10.4.3 if you haven't done so already.

A radial angle dimension from an object in VP would probably require at least snap to two 'handles' and a center point.

The problem with this solution is that the apriore declaration of the center point between the handles would determine the radials and these would not necessarily be representative of the rotation of the objects involved. Hence the need for vector radials from a fixed centerpoint. Therefore, a minimum of 4 handles & one center are required, but even then the center would be inadequately / imprecisely positioned unless it was computed based on the trig. of the four handle describing the opposite vectors defining the two objects.