Controlling Section Viewports - Part 2

Ramon PG

I find the Section Viewport's "Use Attributes of Original Objects" extremely helpful when trying to tell the contractor how the building is made up. But I can't figure a way around a limitation...

I use a diagonal hatch for existing walls (concrete) but no hatch for existing floors or roof, for obvious reasons. Similarly for new walls, slab and roof. The SVP "Use Attributes..." will show the wall hatch perfectly but, of course no hatch for floor or roof.

Is there a way to show a hatch for the floor and roof slabs in section while not in plan view?

[ 12-10-2005, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: Ramon PG ]

Ramon - you could try a subtle shade of grey. I just tried with a dot pattern having the background colour set to a grey rather than white. it looked okay to me in both the Plan and Section Viewport views.

Another way you can trick it is to use Extrudes for floors rather than Floor Objects. Extrudes do not show their fill in Top Plan View unlike Floor Objects.

Ramon, one thing you can try, it to edit the class attributes on hte section viewport.

First you make sure that Use Attibutes of Original Objects is turned on.

then click on the Classes... button

Choose the class that you want to edit.

Click on the Edit... button

Change the graphic attributes of the roof and floor to suit you. You can select bit classes and edit them at the same time, or you can edit them individually to be different.

Then OK all the dialog boxes to get back to your drawing.

Update the viewport and you should see the new graphics

I like this new ability a lot and I have covered it in my new Essential manual