Lighting Stand

Hi Guys,

This is my first post. I've been recently trained on Vectorworks Spotlight and I have a question.

It might sound ridiculous but I can't find the solution to my problem.

I want to hang a lighting projector (like a fresnel or a profile) on a lighting stand (for exemple manfrotto).

I did find the stands on the library but all the manfrotto stands are on the minimum height position.

Is there a way to set the height easily? Like the way we set them up for Speaker stand or TV screens Stands?

The only way I found so far is to edit the 3D symbol and move the pieces up but that's not very handy...

I'm sur there is an easier way but I can't find it....

Thanks for your help 

Aurel

My advice would be learn how to edit Symbols and make libraries of what you create. Vectorworks is all about customisation and drawing the way you want to, rather than straight out of the box. Although there are some tools that are designed to do this, not everything has been set up that way. 

After a few months you will begin to build up a good library of stock items that are specific to you and the way that you work, rather than the way that the developers would like you to work which is never going to cover everything everyone needs.

Learning core skills like editing resources will pay rich dividends in the future and you will be able to utilise many more of the capabilities of the program that way. 

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1