How would I do this? (set yard elevations in model)

Turner

Hi -

I have a deck which I designed in VW 8 and built on my home.

At the time, before building, I used a water level and determined deck height above the yard at certain corners.

The illustration shows what these heights are - I'm wondering if anyone can give advice on what might be the best way to create a reasonable ground model which (obviously) has elevation points matching those shown in this illustration, which is in a perspective view just for clarity...

-

Thanks!

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Oh - hang on.

I'm not sure I explained what I'm looking for, or not sure I understood what you said -

I don't need to created the polys you see here (the tan ones) - each one of these existing objects are level, and I want to set the terrain heights -below- each corner, measured from the elevation of the deck (shown).

Thanks-

Andrew

If you place 3d loci at the control points and elevations, and turn on the snap to object constraint, you can draw the 3d poly's with the 3d polygon tool. I don't know why you would need to extrude.

Also v 8 has a dtm feature. Vastly improved in later versions but I remember it, however vaguely, in v 8. This would be the alternative means.