Cabinets not rendering properly when 'shaded'

Cabinets appear to have portions remaining in wireframe when 'shaded' in a 3D view. Restarting VW seemed to address this. When I save a view the rendering appears as it should but when I want create a viewport of this saved view to add to a sheet, the resulting rendering is partially rendered with the doors appearing as wire frame. That is not rendering like the rest of the cabinet. Restarting VW didn't solve this. The first image show a screenshot of the saved view which renders properly while the second shows the viewport on the sheet, on which door faces aren't rendering. Any ideas how to fix this? Is this a software problem or user error?

Monterary v12.2.1

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)

M1 Pro

32GB memory

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 10.08.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 10.09.03 AM.png

On 4/14/2022 at 10:48 AM, Wes Gardner said:

@MaltbyDesign - perhaps those wireframe parts somehow don't have any fill?

Wes

Hi Wes, they only show missing information when rendered with Shaded (OpenGL). If I use an artistic rendering option, like Cartoon, there is no fill missing. Also it only seems to disappear when I create a viewport from a 3D view. The 3D view renders fine but once in the viewport, if rendered with "Shaded" information goes missing.

Edited by MaltbyDesign
Additional information
  • 3 weeks later...

Any updates to this? Though it wasn't a cabinet object, but a solid that I modelled. They were nightstands, so there was one on each side of the bed. One rendered properly, but not the other, this in shaded view, in a viewport. It rendered fine in the design layer. This is using VW2022,  SP3.

I haven't updated my signature yet as I'm still using 2021. I have 2022, but so far I don't like it at all. Lots of hatch scaling issues in viewports, and every dimension I place takes 1-2 seconds to register before I can carry on dimensioning. 

Edited by Ride
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@MaltbyDesign the by-class fill style of "image" on the "Millwork-Main" class is causing the extrude to become transparent.  VW does not normally allow extrudes to take an image fill and applying via class override was missed.  This will be fixed in the VW2022 SP4 release, thanks again for pointing this out.

• Like 1