Ugly facades

Hello!

Most of my projects are quite small, for instance new villas or extensions of them. I have problems rendering the facades with the create section viewport command. The different stories, often no more than two, do not connect correctly and the result is ugly horizontal lines where the stories connect on all the facades. This only show when rendered in hidden line, in shaded mode it's ok, no horizontal lines. The lines give me a lot of extra work to cover up.

It probably is only a simple setting somewhere, but I have not found it.

Can someone help?

Hans Boman, Sweden

On 4/7/2022 at 11:25 AM, Hans Boman said:

Hello!

Most of my projects are quite small, for instance new villas or extensions of them. I have problems rendering the facades with the create section viewport command. The different stories, often no more than two, do not connect correctly and the result is ugly horizontal lines where the stories connect on all the facades. This only show when rendered in hidden line, in shaded mode it's ok, no horizontal lines. The lines give me a lot of extra work to cover up.

It probably is only a simple setting somewhere, but I have not found it.

Can someone help?

Hans Boman, Sweden

An example image would help understand the issue.

most problems we encounter are due to how things are modelled.

Guest Wes Gardner

@Hans Boman it sounds as if it's a modeling error

Either the top of the wall on the first floor is short of the bottom of the wall on the second

OR

Walls aren't aligned in plan view...if you post a simplified version of your file, I'm sure we can get that worked out for you...

Wes