Adding a "Type" field in Doors & Window Schedules (v12)

Ramon PG

quote:

Originally posted by Robert Anderson:

What does your "type" field encompass? Could you for example use the standard "notes" datafield?

You lost me there...

The "type" is just the elevation of the item in the Door and Windows Elevations sheet. It would be manually entered. In VW 11 I created it but now I can't recall how to do it.

Not sure what the "standard 'notes' datafield" is, but I would like to be able to insert all the info from a single place if possible.

Ramon: I am not sure that your answer is any more clear than your question.

Perhaps you have the same question as I do. How do we have the schedules show the "type" of window or door, such as casement, double hung, pocket, etc.

The door PIO calls this Config. The window PIO calls this Sash Operation.

I see that Ramon is using VW12. I am using VW11.5.

"The door PIO calls this Config. The window PIO calls this Sash Operation."

Kevin:

Nothing to do with VW 11 or 12.

My mental translation of terms seems to have been less than clear. We don't use casement, double hung windows, etc. over here, this being a hot and humid climate. We draw the window or door elevations and assign it a name like Type 1, Type 2, etc., which may not be the same "type" as VW's casement, double hung, etc.

In VW 11 I was able to add a "field' or whatever to the window and door Data section of the Object Info palette. I was then able to enter the Type 1, etc. info at the same time as I was entering the make or model or other Data info.

Thanks for the concern.

[ 12-03-2005, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Ramon PG ]