Moving mouse through 3D Model

Paul N

Hi, when I try to move through my 3D model, I am having a hard time getting the perspective I want. When I hold down the "ctrl" and "wheel" down its moving my entire design instead of of the area I am trying to focus on. I think the original x and y origin is far from my design so its making it hard to move through the 3D model (I really don't know though) . How do I reset this or fix this issue? I hope this makes sense. I attached the VK drawing. 

VW_ChangShapiro Baseplan.vwx

The "Fly Over Tool" has some setting options in the top bar about the rotation center

that might better suit your needs. You can play with them if there is anything you are

happier with.

Your last setting will be stored.

Aaaand, this setting will also be used for temporary fly over by CTRL+MMB or scroll wheel.

(Unfortunately this does not appeal for 3DConnexion Space Mouse devices, which will

always only rotate about VW origin ....)

Using the fence tool, you can create a 'gate' that functions with similar limited design tools the fence tool has (everything is centered, post, rails, frame) you can place it on the drawing and depending on the tool selections, it will automatically adjust the frame to fit the width - not ideal, but in schematic design it allows for 'custom' posts, rails and frame compared to the adjacent fence - a single post and frame can be mirrored for a double gate - 

It has been said before, you have think like vectorworks to make tools work for you - 

• Like 1