Hidden Line Render Issues

takemine2

Question

I'm working on 2D objects, sending them front and back in the design layer where needed.

I then create a viewport and place it on the sheet. When I render in Hidden Line mode, it finishes as if I were rendering in wireframe, showing all lines that I have placed behind another object.

I've never had this issue in the past so hopefully this will be resolved quickly.

Using Vectorworks 2022, SP3, Build 636848.

1304550236_InkedVWHiddenLine1_LI.thumb.jpg.101bd010dc0bf95548bc1585ff2631de.jpg

5 answers to this question

Thanks Pat,

I do have Fill on my objects. I just found out that if I render those objects in Wireframe mode, it does appears as if I rendered it in Hidden Line. Somewhere the programmers has this option flipped. Dashed Hidden Line does nothing like it used to.  

I'm having the same issue with the same build and version, but I'm working on a macOS (11.6.4 as we haven't updated to the latest OS due to network conflicts for some reason) 

Yesterday everything was rendering normally but now the Hidden Line simply doesn't render, the update button goes to render and then stops as if it has finished and the red lines around the viewport show as if the viewport has been updated, but nothing happens, if I change to Shaded it renders, if I then add the foreground render in Hidden line and update the lines appear and I change back the shaded to hidden line but leaving the foreground also as hidden line it usually works. 

I will have to test this some more, because it might be just a case of a file issue or testing the file in another machine might sort it.

Edit: if I use a Section viewport (as if its an elevation) it renders normally in Hidden Line

Edited by FBernardo
  • Like 1