Grid for Emergency Workers at Events

Bill_Rios

Question

Hello Hive Mind!

I'm trying to help a client create a grid in VW similar to a tool they had in Autocad.  What they would like is a reference grid that is dynamic to Sheet Layers like the Grid line tool, but to label the spaces between.  They also would like the labels to be center rather than at the ends.  The purpose is for emergency workers at large festival events who need to locate victims who need aid. 

Exp: There is a someone sufffering from heat stroke at D6.

I faked a grid with Data tags and the Grid tool on a design layer so I could show a rough example of what they are looking for.

image.png.ee48eae3b550075c78493d0ecf06d829.png

If this is already possile please point me in the correct direction!  Get it?

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Seems like a great use of Space objects paired with Data Tags.

See attached for basic example I threw together (VWX 2021), essentially a smart "grid" that can report data assigned to the zones and/or display the data graphically.

How it was done:

Made one Space, Duplicate Array to create a "grid"

Grab all spaces in one row, assign Custom Space Name as a letter for the row...repeat for each row

Grab all spaces in one column, assign Space Number for the column... repeat for each column

Build custom data tag to report the grid identifier, in this case Custom Space Name +Space Number

Duplicate array them in the design layer and/or place them in sheet annotations.

Determine one of the attributes of the space object to assign special functions of a zone to, perhaps security...repeat as needed

Use Data Visualizations to color zones which have unique functions, perhaps security, entry, food, restrooms, etc.

1179525474_ScreenShot2022-04-05at7_50_08PM.thumb.png.00363b214a662f941e0ea3a7d49233ac.png

spaces for zones.vwx

• Like 2

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this.  Here is a "basic" Marionette object that will give you your grid and numbering.

Lots of things that could still be added, but I wanted to get a basic version out for evaluation before I spent any more time on this.

If you want a different font you have to type the name into the OIP.  The Lines count both ends, so they need to be one more than the number of grids you want in each direction. Spacing is in document units which means that if you are using Feet and Inches you need to use Feet.

Let me know what you think.

Emergency Grid.vwx

• Like 1