Vectorworks 2022 completly crash/close unexpectedly

alex_velosolutions

Question

Hi guys!
I have an issue since a week now. In the task I do, I import a .pdf that I use as canvas to reproduce a design we made in another programm. So I scale the pdf and try to place it and during pdf placing or scaling vectorworks unexpectedly close by himself. I tried with a new .pdf, new .vwx file and still the same problem. I updated VWX on the last version and my mac as well.

I'm running on a macbook pro with Monterey 12.3.1. (Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB, Processor: 2.3GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5)

When it crash, I always get the error you find in the attached file... I don't understand why suddently something cause so much problem. I can't work more than 2min and it crash.

Do you have any inputs ? Thanks for you help !
Cheers
Alessio

error_vwx.pdf

9 answers to this question

3 hours ago, alex_velosolutions said:

(Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB, Processor: 2.3GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5)

This may be the problem, as the Onboard GPU and VRAN is quite below VW's hardware min specs.

I would not exclude a real Bug or file problem though.

In that case you should send the File(s) to VW Support.

Edited by zoomer

Thanks for you anwser guys ! @PatStanford I sent you the PDF file. Like I sais in the message, I regenerated the PDF file thinking maybe the PDF was the problem but the problem was still there with the new pdf file.

@zoomer Allright! It worked perfectly until now. So yeah maybe the GPU is not the appropriate one but I think there is something wrong. Thank you for you help man!

@alex_velosolutions The PDF you sent me opened fine on my i9 MacBook Pro running I take that back.  The file opened fine on my i9 MacBook Pro. It let me add some dimensions without a problem. But as I was writing this I went back and zoomed way in and when I tried to zoom back out using the mouse wheel it crashed VW.

So there does appear to be something unusual about this PDF file.

I'm glad you came up with a work around.  May I submit the file you sent me in a Bug Report to VW?

I have been having issues with my VW 2022 and 12.3.1

when I open vw i cant access any drop down menus but can open the drawing files which appear with the tools that we being used when i saved the drawing

I have restarted and reloaded the VW but the problem persisted.

I left it running for around 30 mins and the drop down menus started to work again.

I am up to date with all upgrades on VW2022

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 4/20/2022 at 7:30 AM, kmorris3 said:

I have been having issues with my VW 2022 and 12.3.1

when I open vw i cant access any drop down menus but can open the drawing files which appear with the tools that we being used when i saved the drawing

I have restarted and reloaded the VW but the problem persisted.

I left it running for around 30 mins and the drop down menus started to work again.

I am up to date with all upgrades on VW2022

I would recommend that you turn off automatic graphic switching in the battery settings under preferences.  This seems to resolve the problem.  We have been working with Apple on this issue but we have not found a fix yet that we can do in Vectorworks.  

Sorry for the inconvenience.