"public" survey files? Or?

Turner

Hi all-

I'm wondering if there's a way to find publicly available survey files for things as small as, perhaps, a single undeveloped residential lot, and perhaps as large as a small subdivision.

Basically, I'd love to be able to pop into Google Maps or Google Earth and specify boundaries, but I'm pretty new to this and don't really know where to start.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi EJ,

Thanks... not sure what "Cadastral" departments are, though!

BTW I saw your post on X-Plane... I'm a long-time flight simmer and am just wondering when "google earth" type stuff will be available! And since we're going to Jamaica in a few months, I finally have the desire to load up the Carribean...

Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll try to find out what it takes to get them from our local govt.

Cheers

Andrew

Cadastral refers to the legal fabric.

The answer to your question really depends on where you are. In Manitoba, Canada the Provincial governments website has downloadable files (dwg or shape). which gives me the property bounds. I have to take a whole town or a large chunk of a city though.

In your own juristiction I would start there.

Dean