Typical Worksheet Criteria to count visible objects?

Bruce Kieffer

Question

3 answers to this question

Just using Visible returns all the visible objects in the drawing.  

Try:

All Criteria in this set

Layer is Design Layer-1

Visiblility is Visible

And if you think that is not correct, try adding columns with functions of =L to display the layer the objects are on and =C to show you the class that they are in to help you trouble shoot.

I have it working, but how I did that is a mystery to me. I would think that visible means what I can see, but the worksheet will pick up objects that I can't see. This appears to be related to where the material and record is attached to a symbol. I'm working to figure that out. In the meantime this setup in my screenshot does work to give me the info I need. If I remove the Record criteria then symbols that are not visible get counted in the worksheet.

178088052_ScreenShot2022-04-04at8_13_28AM.thumb.png.74f4cc7d2023ae4ab6e89e55553ff326.png

• Like 1

I figured it out. When the criteria is Visibility is visible, then Vectorworks counts the objects that are visible as defined in the navigation palette, and that includes the visibility of layers. My problem was I placed the worksheet on another design layer, Design Layer-2, and expected it to count the visible objects on the Design Layer-1, but I had the Layer Options set to Active Only, so even though the Navigation Palette has some classes set to visible, when the layer is not visible, then Vectorworks can't count the visible class objects in that layer. Now that I understand this it does make sense. Also, I find it best to place the worksheet on a sheet layer in this case and use Multiple View Panes, then I see the worksheet face on in one pane and the layer and visible objects in the other pane. The worksheet counting is correct that way.