Massive Rhino files to be used in VW 2022

I'm in need of some opinions.

I am -- and will continue to be -- receiving some massive (300+ MB) files created in Rhino that I need to make use of in VW 2022.

If I import them as .3dm files then it can take up to 30 mins to import and then any editing is painfully slow.

If I import them as .dwg files then the file sizes are more manageable but when I try to visualize the file in 3d, I can use the Flyover Tool but none of the others will display anything (Walkthrough, Translate, etc.). Slow editing is also a problem but not as bad as the .3dm.

If I need to buy a new PC then I will but I'm not really sure if the lag is from the processor speed or GPU speed or both.

I'm current running:

Intel Core i7-7700HQ (4-core)

32 GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 1070ti w/8GB dedicated memory

multiple SSDs for storage

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• Like 1

I tried parasolid in various forms and VW wouldn't even open them. It just hung after I chose to import and selected to either import or symbol or as not.

The only real luck I've had is exporting the file as a DWG. It will import into VW as a 3D object which I can do a flyover with no problem. Strangely, I can't do a walkthrough which seems odd because the 3d is there.

• 6 months later...