VW12 Stairs & WG References

First i must say the Stair object is greatly improved. Much easier to navigate the settings and build custom stairs.The best feature is having 1 stair object able to show on multiple layers (top & bottom of stair). Works great!

The problem I've encountered is using the new stairs through workgroup references. The stairs appear just fine in 2D and 3D when first referenced into the file, but when the referenced is updated the stairs disappear in 2D and in 3D! Even stranger is when the reference is updated again the stairs reappear!

I suspect this has somthing to do with the object name that the stair gets by default - and how VW replaces objects in a reference.

A fix for this would be much appriciated and if its not to much to ask could the default name be made simple. For example:

A stair created in a new file is named: "{1901D358-5BC1-11DA-BDF9-000D93325C1A}" What the ****? Imagine trying to pull info from the stair in a worksheet.

Yes, in the instance above I had wgr both floor layers. The first time was in a rather complex project where I had updated all the VW11 stairs with VW12 stairs. Prior to posting I verifed the problem in new files with the following procedure:

-New file with 2 layers; 1 at elev 0' and another at 8'

-New file with 1 layer named different than the others to avoid any conflicts in wgr.

-Wgr both layers from the first file into the second

-Stair appears as it should on the lower layer in 2D&3D

-Now update the wgr

-It doesnt matter what layer is active but you can see the problem clearly when the lower stair layer is active

When I recreate this procedure today it doesnt work at all. The stairs simply disappear after the first update. If I make the lower stair layer active and visible in my screen while the wgr dialog is open, and then update, the stair visibly updates then dissapears as soon as the wgr dialog is closed.

Thanks for asking Robert, are you able to duplicate this problem?

Andrew Neilson

VW12 Designer

OSX 10.3.9 Tibook G4

Thanks for following up Robert. While I still have your attention, I may have another bug for you....

When using the Navigation palette one can right-click or control-click on the majority of items and get a contextual menu. On my machine I've discovered that control-click with the caps lock engaged will not bring-up the contextual menu in the navigation palette. Perhaps there was a purpose for this, maybe some setting on my machine, or maybe a bug?

Overall Congratulations on VW12. I really like where things are going with the program.

Andrew Neilson

VW12 Designer

Mac OS X 10.3.9 Tibook

I'm in your corner Robert. A two button scroll wheel mouse is far better to use than the single button Apple mouse.

I changed from my Apple optical mouse when it failed after just 10 months of use. The flimsy cord was accidentally kinked and it ruptured the wiring. Looked nice but it wasn't durable enough for my situation.

The two button scroll wheel mouse I replaced it with hasn't missed a beat in 3 years and is far more useable.

• 2 months later...