Objects that don't exist rending in Shader, wireframe, and hidden line view.

DWG_Bot

Question

VW2022 SP3 (636848)

Mac Mini M1 chipset

OS BigSur 11.6.5

I was modeling some scenery and noticed that a doorway was blocked. I tried selecting the offending solid and couldn't. I had show/snap/mod other selected for my layer options and even tried 'force selecting' the objects, but I can't select them. Upon further examination they don't exist on any design layer but render on all of them. Like the title says they render in most modes. I tired saving and restarting VW but they are still there. Even there after rebooting. I tried opening an older version of the file and starting my edits over but the same thing happened. These shapes did exists at the very beginning of the process but they were deleted/modified/replaced. The current version of the  modified/replaced objects exist as well. I included some screen shots of the solids/objects on a new/blank design layer with the other layers views turned off. Anyone have any solutions or insights?

An interesting thing is how they show in different renderings. 

OpenGL/Shader

WjZu4yT.png

Final Quality Renderworks

rkEWFk4.png

Wireframe

yXMlSzL.png

Hidden Line - Lines turned white

CxMv3ui.png

Sketch/ Any Poly option - Objects block axis lines but are otherwise non existent 

vz7pKgu.png

5 answers to this question

On 4/2/2022 at 2:13 PM, Benson Shaw said:

Something to check (long shot) -

View>Clip Cube enabled?  Might be a big cCube on some other layer.

Post here for others to explore?

-B

No the clip cube was not enabled. After a system reboot I opened a backup and everything seems to be stable for now. 

On 4/2/2022 at 7:35 PM, Kevin McAllister said:

Are your objects in symbols or embedded in multiple layers of groups? Are the elements that are appearing remnants of solid operations?

I've seen a bit of this in a file I've been working in. I'm running the same service pack and OS. Restarting my machine seems to reset things.

Kevin

Not at that stage. One column did end up becoming the basis for a symbol then I replace the others with that symbol. But the 'walls' were never symbols. The strange part is that the different shaped 'columns' were from different parts of the layout process, hours aways from each other. A system reboot with 'Open Current Windows' turned off combined with opening a backup seems to resolve the issue. It's definitely a memory issue whether it's Vectorworks or MacOS hopefully it won't happen too often. 

• Like 2