Twinmotion offer

Benson Shaw

Question

Twinmotion is offered via a promotional code (Thank You Very Much), although the offer expires soon - Mar 31, 2022.

The path to retrieve this offer is a bit indirect, apparently requiring the following:

• Start at the vwx Customer Portal>Promotional Offers area to link to the Epic Games site.
  • Establish account at Epic Games (your preferred display name may already be taken by one of millions of other users!)
  • When prompted, paste in your vwx promotion key from the vwx Customer Portal>Promotional Offers area.
  • Download Unreal engine
  • Download Twinmotion

That final step offers download of the "unlimited time trial", described as a not for commercial use item and limited capabilities.

Is this non commercial trial the product offered through the promotion?

Thanks for any clarity.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw

8 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
7 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

Is this non commercial trial the product offered through the promotion?

No, the promotion is for the full commercial/pro version. If you have any issues using Epic’s installer or Twinmotion itself, there is a mention of how to get support from Epic at the bottom of the instructions.

Thanks for sharing the instructions, @Hans-Olav.

• Like 1

Thanks, all

I think I made all the steps (including the apparently unnecessary download of the Unreal Engine). But no joy.

Launch Epic installer> auto logged in (green dot lower left)>Unreal page (left side)>Twinmotion tab (top). Only Trial versions available in the pulldown.  I did not press the Launch button. The trial version downloaded to folder Users>Shared>Epic Games>Twinmotion2022.1 Trial>Twinmotion.app

image.thumb.png.2d8725d35cac98445265aeb56fdb2884.png

The Epic>Account Manage>promo code page indicates my code is already redeemed.   ??

Library tab (top) shows only the Unreal engine.  No Twinmotion or projects or plugins, etc

Anything here appreciated. I will also try to find help via Epic link.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
more whiney info
3 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

The Epic>Account Manage>promo code page indicates my code is already redeemed.   ??

There’s you problem.

Do you personally own your software or do you use a company’s license?

If you own Vectorworks, are you sure it is a legit license and not pirated?

Better contact Epic if you hope to resolve.

1 hour ago, Benson Shaw said:

@jeff prince vwx license is solo to me and legit from the mother ship.  I wonder if I expended the promo code downloading the Unreal Engine by mistake (Doh!).  Anyway, I put question to Epic via their portal.  Thanks, anyway.  We shall see.

-B

Weird.  I did not experience these problems and I’ve downloaded twin motion a few times on different computers.  The offer appears to be tied to the VWX customer account and the your epic log in.  Unreal Engine is a separate thing and unrelated to the offer, as I have that too.  Now if you are working at a company snd that is the entity that owns the license, maybe someone at your office grabbed it…

4 hours ago, jeff prince said:

The offer appears to be tied to the VWX customer account and the your epic log in.

Yes.

I can not add the VW code for a second TM license with my current

Epic Account. I would need to create another separate new Epic Account.

I already have a previous license.

Epic offered the permanent license for free after some weeks,

just because I downloaded and tried a TM Beta (Mac ?) version in the past.

I would have bought TM nevertheless as the price is quite fair.

• Like 2