Centre Mark and diameter / radius dimension tool not working subtracted solids in viewport

kklik

Question

Hi,

I've noticed a problem since installing SP3. Centre marks and diameter dimensions are being placed in random position in the viewport. I am dimensioning a rectangular extrusion that has  a series of cylinders subtracted from it to create and array of holes for shelf studs in the side of a cabinet. When I try and place a centre mark, Ø or radius dimension on one of these holes the mark or dimensions are placed at a random point in the viewport. When I draw a 2d circle in the view port and dimension or centre mark it, all works fine so that is a work around. Snap to grid is turned off.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Hi kklik,

Did you ever figure out a solution to this problem? I am running into the same problem where center marks and radial dimensions just jump to a random place in the sheet layer. Did you just end up going with the work around of 2d circles?

Thanks!

-Dan

Having the same issue. I found that once the center marks or hole dimensions are created in a random place, they can be dragged to their correct location so that's one way to get past it. Even more strange is that the center marks are mirrored when they are created. What a mess!