Project Revision History Worksheet

Megan M

Question

This is an example of a test worksheet I am playing around with . I am using the Project Revision History worksheet and see that there are is a "Distribution" table and fields for "name" "company" and "copies" are these fields automatically filled in some way, or are they intended to be used manually? 

So far I have tried to use them manually, however when a new revision is added, I loose the "names" and "copies" (the fields go blank) which I would normally expect to stay as a record of which revision has been sent to each person.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 10.55.46 pm.png

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Megan M,

Yes, this data is not filled automatically, so if you want to use it you have to enter it manually. I have tested in VW 2022 SP3 and updating the report does not delete the entered names and copies. The only drawback that I saw is that if you create new issues on the next update the issue order gets changed (since new issues are listed first) but the copies order remains the same.

Can you tell me how do you update your report in order to get the names and copies cleared?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hi Nikolay,

I'm not sure what you mean about the drawback - on the PRH sheet, the Issue order has the most recent on the  right, and the copies follow this in columns below.

I don't know why the text kept clearing - I wasn't actually updating, it was just disappearing each time I added a new issue.   I think it might have had something to do with amendments I made to the Project Revision worksheet?, I deleted several blank rows for the sheets as I only had 10 drawings, I also deleted several rows of the distribution table.Is there a certain way this should be done?

After playing around with no success, I deleted both the PRH and PIH worksheets from the resource manager and re-created them again through the Title Block Manager. I didnt try deleting any rows or making any adjustments to the tables in the worksheet. This seems to have fixed the problem of disappearing text.

Thanks for your help.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 minutes ago, Megan M said:

I don't know why the text kept clearing - I wasn't actually updating, it was just disappearing each time I added a new issue.   I think it might have had something to do with amendments I made to the Project Revision worksheet?, I deleted several blank rows for the sheets as I only had 10 drawings, I also deleted several rows of the distribution table.Is there a certain way this should be done?

- If you delete rows from the worksheet where issues should appear, make sure you set the correct row count when updating the worksheet from the TBManager. Or create the database worksheet (Create pages/multiple worksheets deselected)

image.png