worksheets, Inverted text

lilah

Question

12 answers to this question

Pat, thanks for the quick response.
Unfortunately the problem is more complex, there is no difficulty in switching to Hebrew or Arabic by changing the keyboard.
The problem occurs when importing the worksheet into the file, whether from an internal source or from an external Excel program.
Moreover when finding a file for Excel the text is obtained properly.

My Hebrew is non-existent, so I am just working with shapes.

The character order does not seem to reverse when I copy and paste from Excel to a VW Worksheet, but the column order does.  😞

I am running Mac OS11.6.2 and Excel 16.59 from the Microsoft 365 subscription.

The blue highlights in the worksheet is the range I pasted from the green dashed area of the Excel sheet.

I believe the double quotes at the end/beginning of the cells are stray markers that there was cells merges in Excel.

image.thumb.png.7e0e98dcf2c3e75d4b3321af6929e624.png

The second image is an Excel worksheet that was Imported into VW.  Again, to my eye, the character order does not look reversed, by the column order does.

Are you on Mac or Windows?

In addition to the Windows issues (which are more severe)...
We did a test on a new MacBook pro with OS Moneterey 12.3.1 - we imported a Numbers worksheet with Hebrew. As you can see, the Hebrew letter order became mangled when we zoom in. I attach 3 images - from low to high resolution, and you can see that the text gets broken when it is long. We tested different cell widths, and it seems unrelated. It seems as if the only predictive is the ratio of zoom to text length.

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-05 at 13.06.02 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-05 at 13.06.02.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-05 at 13.06.01.jpeg

On 4/1/2022 at 2:03 AM, taliho said:

Lilah- 

I have seen excel spreadsheets invert text when using an older 32 bit Microsoft Office on the new 64bit Macs, Catalina and newer . The problem may be there, and not in Vectorworks specifically....

Tali

Hi Tali,
The main problem is the use of worksheets within vectorworks software.
The ability to export the files to external software is an important addition but not the main one.
What is amazing is that there is no problem with exporting the text content, the problem appears in the editing stage within this part of the software.
(In windows)
Thank you, Lilah