Section Plane Fill

Hi All,

Can some please point me towards the option for changing the fill of objects in the section plane. I can only get them to fill black.

Below first image is how it renders. Second image is the result of a ctrl-z action before updating and is closer to how I would like the section plane to render.

Thanks

Screen-Shot-2022-03-29-at-6-58-10-pm.png
Screen-Shot-2022-03-29-at-6-57-57-pm.png

If this is a Section Viewport, the attributes of sectioned objects is controlled by a class, as determined within the viewport’s “Advanced Properties” button in the OIP. By default a class called “Section Style” is created which is where the black is likely coming from. So you can simply find the “Section Style” class in the Navigation Palette, right click, Edit, then change the class attributes. This will affect all Section Viewports that are set to utilize that class.

• 2 months later...

Hello-

I do not automatically get the 'section style' class anymore (I used to in previous versions). Has it been removed in 2022? (did I do that?) I can copy it in in from previous files, but how do I  add it back to the Standards? 

Thanks

Tali

I might be wrong, but whenever you create a new Section Viewport it reuses whatever class was last selected for the Cut Plane Attribute Class (even across files, assuming each file has said class). So if at some point a different class was used, it'll keep using that different class instead of the default "Section Style".

That being said, if the "Section Style" class is missing and you'd like to use it, you can simply create a new class with that name and assign the Attributes that you want. It's just a regular class, there's nothing special about it.

You can even save your template to already have this Section Style class set up the way you like.

Edited by Andy Broomell
  • Like 1

Thanks Pat-

I realized I had the advanced properties set to Separate cross section/Use attributes of original class. When set to Merge Cross Sections the Section style class appears

Thanks Andy  - as you noted - that's what the last file was using....

Tali

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

Re-using this topic I would like to ask how do you guys cover what is below the surface so when you create a section viewport you don't see what is below the section line.

A friend proposed me to go to annotations and draw a polygon over the section and fill with white, or grey whatever I like. There is no VW automated way to do it?

I know that in the advanced properties we can choose some parameters and attributes, but I've tryed different combinations and nothing seems to work.

Thank you in advance