Lighting symbol-> drawing - movement radius, strange behaviour

I imported a symbol for a moving light from my template file into a file I am currently working on, which is a complete mess but I inherited it from someone else and I am slowly fixing it. 

When I edit the 2d symbol from the resource browser, it looks like I expect - specifically the movement radius uses the normal dashed line type, and has no fill. 

However, when I place the symbol in a drawing layer, the line type isn't displayed correctly, appearing as a solid line (whether its properties are by class or set manually within the 2d symbol) and the fill appears to be solid and white. In one of the symbols, the filled movement radius appears on top of the rest of the symbol, making it appear as a solid circle, though the rest of the geometry is there underneath, seen only when the mouse is hovered over. The file attached is the file I was working on with everything except the lights deleted and everything purged. I've spent a while trying to understand whats going on but haven't really made any progress. When I copy the symbol into a fresh empty file, the issue seems to go away and the symbols behave as expected, suggesting the problem lies within the file, but I have no idea what is wrong. 

Turning off or greying the movement radius has no effect on the drawing layer, but behaves as expected when editing the 2d symbol.

Thanks in advance for anyones help!

Problem.vwx