Freezing on switching between documents

SeanOSkea

Question

Help

I have two documents open. I can work back and forth between them for a while but after 10 or 20 minutes I will switch to Document #2 and any changes I make are effecting document #1. Document #2 is completely frozen. The only thing I can do to "release" control is to close document 1.  When I'm on Doc 2 some things respond like running the scroll wheel will change the magnification percentage scale on doc 2 but the viewport doesn't redraw.  I have seen this behavior on multiple machines and multiple documents. 

What the heck is going on!? 

Sean 

Windows 10  Ryzen 9 5950X     128GB    RTX 3090 

3 answers to this question

Hi @SeanOSkea

I've received reports of this from a few different users over the years, including recent ones with Vectorworks 2023 SP2. Engineers can't fix software bugs unless they can reproduce them (for analysis) and this issue seems to be extremely difficult for them to reproduce, so I'm trying to collect as much circumstantial data for them as possible. 

When was the last time you were affected by this issue? How often does it happen to you? Have you noticed any correlating factors? 

I posted this almost a year ago. Honestly, I'm using VW a lot less these days and haven't really been paying attention to when this happens. It persisted fairly regularly for a while (on multiple computers) last year but may have been resolved in some patch along the way or I just haven't had more than one doc open in a while.  Doesn't seem like a lot of people had similar problems so maybe a non-issue now?