site model?????????????

hekla

Hi hekla,

A survey file is basically a text (comma or tab-delimited) file with X, Y and Z values for a series of surveyed points. Alternatively, if you can get a digital file with 2D or 3D contours, you can also make a site model. If a paper survey is the only thing available, you could scan that, import it into VectorWorks and then trace contours with the Polygon Tool. First question is: What source data is available?

[ 02-23-2006, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Peter Huggins ]

I just created my first site model. I requested a text file tab delimited formatted "ID,Easting, Northing,Elevation,Description" from the surveyor. This file was a standard out put for his survey program. After sorting through and unselecting some of the data points (e.g. Bench marks, top of existing walls and docks etc.) that would give bad contours, I followed the instructions in the help section and viola a site model with contours. The simplicity of this method makes it the preferred on for me when the data is available.

• 2 weeks later...