Softgoods and Webview - What a texture mess!

Kevin McAllister

Question

Hello,

Is anyone else regularly using the Softgoods tool and Webview together? I spend almost two hours this morning trying to get Softgoods textures to display correctly in Webview. Initially all of my Softgoods objects displayed as bright pink, even the black masking. There's obviously some sort of bug here but I don't understand what's going on enough to report it.

Ultimately I think it probably stems from the 3D Softgoods Options box which allows you to set texture and colour and seems to override the By Class texture and the object attributes. It likely doesn't help I use both Softgoods and Softgoods 2 and have brought many items forward from older versions.

Kevin

5 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

all of my Softgoods objects displayed as bright pink,

In 3D Apps this is usually meant as a hint to show that the Texture is missing.

(Image Textures - not "RW Textures" .... )

Maybe something missed to export.

Edited by zoomer
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 3/20/2022 at 3:08 PM, Kevin McAllister said:

Hello,

Is anyone else regularly using the Softgoods tool and Webview together? I spend almost two hours this morning trying to get Softgoods textures to display correctly in Webview. Initially all of my Softgoods objects displayed as bright pink, even the black masking. There's obviously some sort of bug here but I don't understand what's going on enough to report it.

Ultimately I think it probably stems from the 3D Softgoods Options box which allows you to set texture and colour and seems to override the By Class texture and the object attributes. It likely doesn't help I use both Softgoods and Softgoods 2 and have brought many items forward from older versions.

Kevin

Hello @Kevin McAllister Are you using Export Web View or the new Export VGX command which replaces web view in 2022 SP3?  Web view is re-engineered with Nomad and I am curious if you are using the old one or new one?

6 hours ago, Dave Donley said:

Hello @Kevin McAllister Are you using Export Web View or the new Export VGX command which replaces web view in 2022 SP3?  Web view is re-engineered with Nomad and I am curious if you are using the old one or new one?

I just tried it using the Export VGX command and its much cleaner and faster. The textures seem correct as well.

The only thing missing is a way to change the background. Its a bit weird to have a theatre set in a blue sky, green ground surround. With the old method I had customized it to a black to grey gradient.

Thanks for your help!

Kevin

• Like 2