Huge frames around windows. Bug?

Ramon PG

quote:

Originally posted by Robert Anderson:

Ramon, this is because any action that will reset the walls or windows will fix the "huge trim" problem. THis is a sort of "transient bug" that occurs only if the walls or windows are in a temporary un-reset state.

I am not sure what "any action" means. Can you be specific? And why would that seemingly not work for Compusam?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I have reviewed this issue in more detail, and have discovered the following. The surround does NOT appear in Hidden Line rendering, but DOES appear when you use "Convert to Lines" with the HL render option. This has been entered as a bug. In the meantime, try using elevation viewports (which evidently handle HL somewhat better) than the old-fashioned workflow of "converting to lines".

Ramon PG,

I tried your suggestion regarding changing line weights for trim parts, however, this did not solve the texture rendering probelm. I have posted more detailed info in the RenderWorks forum, but essentially, this bug has been around since VW 11 and became worse in VW 12 due to more parts to control.

In VW 11, extra lines and/or borders show up in all rendered modes when the window or door trim is wider on one side (interior/exterior) of the window/door from the other including Open GL, Final Shaded Polygons, Hidden Line, Final Quality RenderWorks, Artistic RenderWorks, etc. In RenderWorks, textures are rotated 90? from the rest of the wall in this same bordered area.

In VW 12.0.1, there has been some improvement? the erroneous border does not occur in Hidden Line, but it still occurs in almost all other rendering modes.

quote:

Originally posted by compusam:

Ramon PG,

I tried your suggestion regarding changing line weights for trim parts, however, this did not solve the texture rendering probelm. I have posted more detailed info in the RenderWorks forum, but essentially, this bug has been around since VW 11 and became worse in VW 12 due to more parts to control...

In VW 12.0.1, there has been some improvement? the erroneous border does not occur in Hidden Line, but it still occurs in almost all other rendering modes.

I was a bit confused on the first item.

I am still using 12.0.0. On the borders occurring in almost all rendering modes, I do not have the borders occur in final quality RenderWorks as I had at the beginning. Very confusing since I keep reading that the issue is supposedly resolved in 12.0.1 but you insist it did not. ???

[ 03-07-2006, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Ramon PG ]

quote:

Originally posted by compusam:

Ramon PG,

In VW 11, extra lines and/or borders show up in all rendered modes when the window or door trim is wider on one side (interior/exterior) of the window/door from the other including Open GL, Final Shaded Polygons, Hidden Line, Final Quality RenderWorks, Artistic RenderWorks, etc. In RenderWorks, textures are rotated 90? from the rest of the wall in this same bordered area.

I too am experiencing the SAME occurances. In fact, yesterday I had a door look ok in wireframe, and hidden line yet when I "Final Quality" rendered it, there was a GAP IN THE WALL so I could see right through to the room beyond ~wierd~

I always get a texture that is 90deg out of sink with the wall texture around it. It is most obvious with horizontal siding and gets worse if you have interior trim larger than that on exterior.

But I'm sure EVERYONE has heard this a thousand times already in and there have been several submits to bugsubmit regarding it.

Now we wait for the cure...

• 7 months later...