Publish Order of Sheets - Does not match Sheet Layer order

leecalisti

Question

Vectorworks - Since I started using VW2022, an old problem has crept back into it. When I go to PUBLISH a set of Sheet Layers to a PDF, the PUBLISH window does not retain the order I have set them in the Sheet Layer Window. If I try to sort by Name or Type, it does not reset them in the correct order. On a large set of drawings, this makes it very difficult to reorder the set. What gives? This was corrected in 2020 or 2021. 

See images below for intended order and order that the PUBLISH window resets them.

Sheet Order A.png

Sheet Order B.png

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @leecalisti,

I have tested this in VW2021 and I see the same result. In which version was this working correctly for you?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

I thought it was working in 2021 after a certain service pack was issued. So, I tested it in 2021 SP5 -  (saved a file backwards) and it works fine.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Okay, I was able to find out how was this working before:

1) Open Publish dialog

2) Click on any column different than Name to make the available items list sort by it

3) Close the dialog with cancel

4) Open the dialog again, now if all the items have the same value in the new sort column they will be ordered by stacking order

The same is valid for VW 2022 too, so nothing has changed.

The problem with having sort by stacking order in Publish as an option is that in publish we can have not only sheet layers but also saved views, worksheets and entries from multiple files. In all these cases we cannot use stacking order as criteria for sorting...

Anyway, I think we found out how to make this happen in your workflow and how it worked before! 🙂

• Like 4