Geometry Accuracy too low error.

Hello community, I am having a problem with some trussing system. Every time I tried make calculation I got this error. I changed the accuracy in Braceworks Preferences, nothing change. Just updated to SP3 , still the same. I noticed whatever truss system i used , I am getting the same problem. Anyone have a tips please on it. Thank you.

PS: I am using in this example Litec QX30 and dado Litec QU30K8

bb.png

bracework test.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is a result of a known issue that corrupted some of our truss content.
The underlying bug (which has been fixed in service pack3) caused 6 way corners to lose part of their data about how the corner behaves.
Now the the bug itself is fixed you can manually fix the corner symbol by right clicking on it and choosing the Customise Truss Data command in the context menu
In the truss properties dialogue look at the right hand side of the dialogue and you will see that the P1 measurement is 0,0,0  (X, Y, Z) this should be set to be 146,0,0 (I'm using mm so correct for your document units)
hit ok to exit the dialogue and the same in the 2 following warning dialogues.
This will fix the symbol definition
So that you don't have to do this again in the future save the edited symbol into your favorites, user or workgroup folder

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, jcogdell said:

@39Tech please post the file, I'll have a look when I'm back from Pro light and sound to see what is happening

File attached 

On 3/18/2022 at 8:54 AM, jcogdell said:

In the truss properties dialogue look at the right hand side of the dialogue and you will see that the P1 measurement is 0,0,0  (X, Y, Z) this should be set to be 146,0,0 (I'm using mm so correct for your document units)

475575293_ScreenShot2022-04-29at2_21_50PM.png.ace81ec3e9aea31d7d6f68e194663746.png

I AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE RIGHT SPOT. PROPERTIES DIALOGUE OF THE CB IN 3D OF EDIT OF THE RESOURCE MENU 

cb test.vwx cb test.vwx

@39TechThe properties that Jesse is talking about are accessed by right clicking on the truss symbol on the design layer and clicking on the 'Customize Truss Symbol Data' menu.This cannot be done in the edit symbol modes, only from the design layer. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 17.26.40.png

On 4/29/2022 at 2:27 PM, JustinVH said:

@39TechThe properties that Jesse is talking about are accessed by right clicking on the truss symbol on the design layer and clicking on the 'Customize Truss Symbol Data' menu.This cannot be done in the edit symbol modes, only from the design layer. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 17.26.40.png

Thanks for the info

• 2 months later...

Hello @jcogdell is the quantity '146' the same regardless of the dimensions of the truss block? Should I put in 146 if im trying to also 'fix' a 40cm or 50cm cornerblock?

On 3/18/2022 at 4:54 PM, jcogdell said:

This is a result of a known issue that corrupted some of our truss content.
The underlying bug (which has been fixed in service pack3) caused 6 way corners to lose part of their data about how the corner behaves.
Now the the bug itself is fixed you can manually fix the corner symbol by right clicking on it and choosing the Customise Truss Data command in the context menu
hit ok to exit the dialogue and the same in the 2 following warning dialogues.
This will fix the symbol definition
So that you don't have to do this again in the future save the edited symbol into your favorites, user or workgroup folder

Hi Mucai

No that was specific to that particular corner block
It should be exactly half the length of the truss block in the X axis so for a 40cm block style truss corner it would be 20cm or 200mm
The Truss properties has a diagram in the Geometry pane that shows where the reference coordinates should be take from for each point (P1 thru P6),

• 8 months later...