Reflections stop working, etc.

MHBrown

Question

VW 2022 SP3, MBP 16" Intel, 32GB RAM OS Monteray

I'm doing a rendering of a trade show booth. I've done dozens of renderings using final and fast interior Style settings in this file without a problem. Suddenly, the reflections do not work. I can bump it way up with plastic or mirror and get nothing. This is a bother, but the Renderworks styles is also not rendering the maps correctly. It is offsetting text that works just fine in Shaded mode. I've remade the maps, restarted, etc. Nothing. It is not an old file. Oh, and the the texture adjust tool does. not. work. It is awful. I may have to go back to exporting to Strata3D which is a better renderer, but it's a time-consuming step. Is anyone seeing any of these problems with what appears to be a very bug-plagued version. Thanks for any advice

Mike

2 answers to this question

Thanks for the good advice, but I was able to import the exact same texture from another file and the reflections returned. That a texture could go bad that quickly is a little disconcerting. Also, the mapping problem is still there (where it looks fine in Shaded, but is displaced in Styles rendering), as is the curious error message that from time-to-time that I can't edit an object's texture because it doesn't have a texture applied. Why can't it see the texture? I have rarely had any of these problems in previous VW files going all the way back to VW9. Although the rendering has improved amazingly, so have these problems that seem to be caused by file corruption. It makes tight deadlines a bit more nerve-wracking because I just hold my breath and hope nothing goes sour at the wrong time. Before the subscription yearly upgrade program I didn't have this problem. Is the VW staff being overworked to keep up and, in the process, putting out a less robust CAD program? Oh well, it's still better behaved than Adobe products. I should count my blessings!

Mike