Service Select Support - Add a Ticketing System

E|FA

Question

@jblock If you can't even confirm receipt, which would take all of a few seconds to copy & paste the submitter's address into a form email, how can you possibly provide support?  Please note that this thread refers to "Service Select" which is a service we're paying for, although I do think this should be common practice towards all customers. Having support requests go unacknowledged has a direct negative impact on your customers' productivity, as we don't know if we should continue moving forward with a workflow, wait for response, abandon hope and use a workaround, etc.  

Edited by E|FA
typo
  • Like 4

As far as I remember, I have never received a quick confirmation with a ticket number that a support request was received.

I received a same-day response for a support question submitted online on October 13th, with prompt subsequent followups.  At other times it's been no response, or a response after a few days.  

Edited by E|FA
14 minutes ago, E|FA said:

As far as I remember, I have never received a quick confirmation with a ticket number that a support request was received.

Same. Although I stopped using the bug submit form in 2020, prior to that I had submitted multiple bugs and never once received an automated email confirmation (though I think there's a 'confirmation' directly on the page after you hit submit). In the end I only received emails back about a couple of the issues, and only one issue (regarding software activation) was resolved successfully.

• Like 1

I just sent a support request to the email address that @JuanP posted above and I did receive an automatic reply email confirmation with a case number.

It did not quote the support request message that I sent to to them (which I think would be preferable), but it did save my email subject line so I can refer back to it later.

• Like 1
On 11/3/2022 at 1:46 PM, E|FA said:

At other times it's been no response, or a response after a few days.  

I filed two separate VSS Support Requests on Nov. 3 (one through my VSS portal, and one via email), and I have yet to hear anything back from Support. (Other than @jblock acknowledging earlier in this thread that my support request was received).

I should think that two weeks is long enough to expect some kind of formal response or acknowledgment. 

• Like 1

I also have received no acknowledgement of VSS support requests using the web form.

The support service really is too slow for a paid service, and makes me question the VSS subscription.

An accessible ticket system should be the minimum, so we can track what is happening with our request. Indeed it might save VW some work, as we won't keep calling to check progress if we can see what is happening.

Just to add to the previous experiences as reporting the communication issues helps the VW team to fix them.

I've transitioned to VW about 5 months ago. I've contacted the service select twice for issues I couldn't understand how to fix.

Both times, the allocated VW employee of my account responds relatively quick and cc's specific technicians on the thread to assist me with the issue. 

Both times, I never heard back from anyone, event though I'd send them a follow up email. It's not polite or normal! 

I don't see a reason to choose service select again..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JuanP said:

@AlistairMYour case was just submitted yesterday case # 00289814 to refer in the future. 

Thanks Juan - that query was actually dealt with very promptly. But it would have been slicker if I could check the status on a portal rather than phoning to find the answer.

I do have another open ticket that I'm sure is being diligently investigated, but again a live status indication would give some re-assurance.

• Like 1
On 11/3/2022 at 11:17 AM, JuanP said:

while the issue with the customer portal is fixed...service select customers can email us directly at premiumtech@vectorworks.net and you will receive a confirmation automatically with a case number. 

@JuanP Maybe the premiumtech@vectorworks.net address should be placed somewhere on https://customers.vectorworks.net/support, the VW Home Screen, on the Service Select account page, and/or somewhere else that makes it publicly accessible to Service Select members.  Whenever I've needed support, I've used the "Get Support" popup form, which seems like the thing to do navigating the VW website.  Thanks.

EDIT: I suppose this thread is publicly accessible...

Edited by E|FA
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, E|FA said:

EDIT: I suppose this thread is publicly accessible...

But most VW users looking for customer support would never be able to find it buried as it is in these forums, even if they thought to look at the User Forums. 

As you suggested, the reasonable place to look for customer support would be at https://customers.vectorworks.net/support. That's where the premiumtech@vectorworks.net address should be provided, right next to the 'Support Request Forum' link.

• Like 2

@E|FA while the issue with the customer portal is fixed...service select customers can email us directly at premiumtech@vectorworks.net and you will receive a confirmation automatically with a case number. 

thanks,

Juan P.

Testing it now.  Fingers crossed.

while the issue with the customer portal is fixed...service select customers can email us directly at premiumtech@vectorworks.net and you will receive a confirmation automatically with a case number. 

@JuanP & @jblock I emailed on September 17th with an issue and have not even received a confirmation, let alone any support.  I understand there's a lot to deal with when a new version is released, so I'm not expecting immediate support.  However, I would expect to receive a confirmation within a day or two even during busy times.  It still feels like a black hole.

Edited by E|FA
  • Like 2