Service Select Support - Add a Ticketing System

E|FA

Question

12 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @E|FAwe actually do use a ticketing system and you should get an automated reply when submitting a support request from the customer portal. I will investigate why you seem to be having problems. If you email our technical support team directly at tech@vectorworks.net, do you receive an automated reply with a case number?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

@jblock I just emailed and did receive an automated reply with a case number.

I suggest you fix the Support Request button, AND add a note to it saying that if you don't get an automated response with a case number that you should try submitting via email.  A broken support system doesn't offer a lot of confidence.

Edited by E|FA
  • Like 3
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@E|FAThanks for confirming. As I said in my previous post, I am investigating why the automated response is not working with the Support Request form and working on a fix.

Thanks

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

My submitted issue was eventually attended to, though slowly, and possibly because I contacted the sales rep I work with.  In the end, I solved it myself and posted the solution in another thread.  My original wishlist request that started this thread is still relevant - there should be an online tracking system for support requests & bug submissions.

Edited by E|FA
  • Like 2
On 3/22/2022 at 11:13 AM, jblock said:

@E|FAThanks for confirming. As I said in my previous post, I am investigating why the automated response is not working with the Support Request form and working on a fix.

Thanks

@jblock Following up on your post from March 22, I just reported two bugs from my VSS Customer Portal: I didn't get any automated email response that my bugs have been received. All I get is the banner at the top of the page saying that "Your request has been sent to the support team. They will reply to you as soon as possible." Other than that, no recognition of having been received. 

This really needs to be fixed ASAP. Right now reporting bugs to Vw feels like sending them to File 13 (a.k.a. the trash can). 

• Like 2

@jblock I'm posting here as it is the more relevant thread, regarding:

Until the backend is repaired can you please manually send an email response to each & every bug submittal and service request.  It would also be nice if someone sent a confirmation email to all past submittals that were not replied to. 

Edited by E|FA
  • Like 1