When saving as, open the folder from the file comes .

Ben3B

Question

12 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, line-weight said:

Me too!

Often followed by a panic that I've somehow lost a whole drawing ... and it turns out it got saved into a different project folder.

often when I m at work, i have a problem so open a blank file to reproduce it, and if so open a topic on forum , and put the file in links ... And of course , at end of day when I'm late ( one more time) I save as ... 

and the day after , back at work, open the folder where my file must be and no file or only old one ... 

obviously it is in the folder of the file with problem ...

😤💣🤣

On 12/19/2022 at 10:03 PM, Pat Stanford said:

On the Mac there is a background app called Default Folder X that offers the functionality you are looking for across all applications.  I don't know if there is an equivalent for Windows.

I'm looking here https://alternativeto.net/software/default-folder-x/

But i'm not ok with "layer on layer " I try to have windows os as cleaner as I can 😉
other software that I use offer that "function" 😉

On 3/17/2022 at 8:07 AM, Ben59 said:

When I "save as" a file, vectorworks open the last folder opened and not the folder from the files comes, So I often save the file at the wrong place .

It will be very useful, that VWX open the folder from where the files come 🙂

yes x1000.  When teaching people it's impossible to justify this behavior and immediately a concern for new folks.  Oh, and it drives me mad too 😞

• Like 4