"Save" window too large

mpkeane

Question

I am using a macbook pro OS12.2.1 (with external large format monitor), with VW 2020SP6

I have used VW for many years with no problem. Now, when I save a VW document, the "Save Vectorworks Drawing" window that pops up has suddenly become enormous. It fits vertically on my monitor but in the horizontal direction is stretches way off the screen to the left and right. If I slide the save window over to grab the lower right-hand corner, I can shrink the window size vertically, but not horizontally. (I can make the window bigger horizontally but not smaller).

I have tried closing and restarting VW, as well as shutting down and restarting the computer. Still the same.

How can I "reset", this aspect of VW?

Marc

6 answers to this question

I'm on VW 2020 SP5 and this is how my export window is behaving.

The window cannot be resized smaller; only bigger. It then hangs onto that bigger size forever.

I cannot upgrade to VW2022 as we keep our files in the format they were started on.

Edited by NickMac

we are still using VW 2020 (simply cause its too expensive to update regularly) and the issue is annoying, I cant help but feel that VW isnt adressing this just to force people to update. Such a simple missbehaving call of a system dialog box seems too weird to not be easily fixable even for VW versions older than "up to date" . Take a slice from apple, I could still run up to date iOS on my iphone 6s+ and even phones that can be supported anymore still get security and bugfix updates of the last iOS versions.

THATS how you should do it, then people will buy your expensive product.