Position Name

Russ

When assigning a Position Name to a truss, is it possible to have the same Position Name for multiple sticks of truss?

Example:

4 sticks of 8' 16" truss all labeled "LX-1"

Currently Vectorworks assigns each stick a unique name and will change the name to "LX-1" -  "LX-2" - "LX-3" - "LX-4" 

VW 2022 SP3

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You could make them a hanging position? As far as I am aware only connecting truss items can have the same truss system name.

The other thing to bear in mind is you can always ungroup a hanging position and then make it again if you find that workflow restrictive.

Thanks Tom,

I don't like the work flow of going back and forth between Hanging Positions.

Having the position field linked between trusses and lighting devices is a great idea, and very useful one, I believe this was the intention of the new feature? 

However, it becomes overly cumbersome if multiple trusses within a truss system can not share the same "Position Name".

For the time being I'll leave the Position Name field blank, and simply won't use the new feature as a solution to the problem.

In an ideal situation, as a user attaches lighting devices to a truss system, it would transfer the position attributes, and the position fields would show one position name across the system, not 4 separate positions names as it currently is. 

• Like 1