Disappearing Titleblocks

lindamon

I have a mysterious problem... My titleblocks keep disappearing. At one point they reappeared again, and I saved the file as is. I reopened the file later and they were gone again. I think I've reinserted the darn things about 3 times now. At one point..just our company logo disappeared, only to reappear again later. I checked the classes and everything is okay. Our company created a custom titleblock and we have just been copying and pasting into each sheet we need it in. Is this what we are doing wrong?

If, as you say, your classes are all "on" the next thing to check would be the Viewports. I wonder if by chance you have a large VP that, when rendered, is overlaying the titleblock.

We've made our custom titleblock into a symbol which we then place on each new sheet. But that's similar enough to cut/paste that I don't think that's the root of your problem.

By the way, welcome aboard. Keep working VW and keep asking questions here. It'll all come together.

Good luck,

[ 11-02-2005, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Travis ]

ditto for the custom Title Block as symbol with worksheets as embedded Sheet Info , Revision & Project Data inserts ( a bug in v11.5 requires that the symbol not be grouped if it is use in a VP - this is fixed in v11.5.1 ). This methods leaves the Sheet Title & Sheet Description to the ViewPort ... very efficient.

The Title of the Sheet Layer = Title of the VP Sheet Title.