Changing device names with "Find and replace" does not update equipment link

elc

hello,
to save time, I am copy-pasting equipment from room to room or within a room and then bulk-update the device name with the find and replace function.

so far so good.

unfortunatelly linked equipment (espcacially rack location, in-rack position and slot number) is not updated accordingly. Updating PIO (Extras>Intelligente Objekte aktualisieren // Tools>Update POI) does not work either. So I have to go to the OIP of each device, change the name to something non existing, confirm and then change it to the correct device/equipment name. ...not really the time-saver I was hoping for. 😉

am I missing something?

thanks,

george

• 5 months later...

I think I'm hitting this same limitation as well.  I created devices on the schematic layer, used them to create 2D rack elevations, then needed to update the schematic objects.  I copy/pasted an updated object and renamed each copy 'back to' the former name (IE, copied AMP-01 a few times, renamed the copies AMP-02, -03, etc).  The Device Name (schematic layer) isn't updating, and it's still showing the rack name and rack RU of AMP-02, even though the info in OIP is correct/updated.  

It seems like the dynamic link between the two (schematic and rack elevation) is 'weak' with only some parameters being dynamically linked.

• 7 months later...

minor update: still seems to be an issue in SP4
current workaround: just creatin a worksheet and copy pasting all the required equipment names to itself is enough to re-write the link between equipment and schematic device.

Best,

george