Drop Shadows and Size of Symbols

Kimmi

Question

Hi there Brains Trust,

I have a file where I have shown drop shadows to my plant symbols in the design layer. They do not appear in the viewport on the Sheet Layer. I have made sure the viewport has the drop shadows ticked in the Object Info. Any ideas?

Also, would my many many photorealistic symbols and textures in this file play a role in this problem?

K

5 answers to this question

That would be it.

If you draw on the DL at a similar scale to the sheet layer viewport it should resolve the issue.

Try changing the scale of the DL to 1:1000 and change the Drop Shadow offset there so it looks correct, it should look better then in the VP.

• Like 1

Oh my goodness - that is brilliant! Thanks to you!

If you're still there and able to, can I ask a question about PDF? I can export to PNG and then print to PDF easily enough. But if I try a direct export to PDF, sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes my computer but it definitely never prints...is there a standard set up you use? This file is only 13MB and the aerial image is externally referenced in...

Apologise if it's too much!

I'm not sure about this. When exporting to PDF do you have Reset all plug-in objects, Rasterize Text, subset fonts, file size reduction,etc selected?

Try turning off as many of these as possible to see if it helps. It would be interesting to do it one by one to identify the cluprit.