Door plug-in lineweights

Kristen

My doors are driving me crazy. I use the door plug-in tool to create placed symbols (so that I have just one symbol for all 3'x7' existing doors in a file, for example). I would swear that I've always been able to control their appearance with class settings on the lineweights. It's not working any more.

I really don't want to mess around with setting each lineweight in the 2D display settings box. Also, this doesn't work for me because I need to be able to reference the file to a drawing set up at a different scale, and differrent class lineweight settings.

I never remember having this problem before. Pleases tell me I've just forgotten some very basic setting.

VW 11.5

Mac OS10.3.9

Thanks... I'm just not getting the plug-ins to act the way I want them to, though. I want to be able to change the lineweight by class attribute, not through the OIP. Because I need to show these drawings at both 1/8 scale (for which we use, say, a 8pt lw for new doors) and at 1/16 scale (should be 4pt lw).

When I reference the file to a 1/16 scale sheet with all class lineweights set to our 1/16 scale standards, the symbols containing plug ins don't change, when I set them in the OIP. All I can think to do is to go through and ungroup all my symbols, losing the 3D advantages.