Creating Kitchen Elevations

buz

I've been trying to create the four elevations of a kitchen design and coming up empty handed for acceptable results.

I have tried using the Viewport tool but my 'bounding' boxes dimensions don't allow for a switch from plan to view to an elevation view without 'cropping a majority of the top or bottom of the elevation.

I have also tried using sections but have had seriously flawed results with that.

Any help please

Buz

The VW12 live sectioning will overcome this for the future.

In the meantime you will have to adopt a stage scene philosophy. For each elevation cut and paste the necessary elements into a new layer and then set the required 3D view. If you have odd angles use View / Set 3D View and leave it set on Current Setting to get an orthoganal view.

You could try being clever and apply a different class to each of the walls so that you can choose which ones to have invisible in your ViewPorts so that you can set up each of your views.

Thank you both for the good answers. I'll go play with the ideas.

I had tried the cut and paste method but was looking for something less 'tedious', it did work though.

I assume live sections refer to the way viewports will update as the design layers are changed?

Live sections will give you the ability to choose which bits of the model you want to see from where. If you look at the example on page 22 of the Whats New in 12 document it will be a little clearer.

And yes they will update as you update the model.

[ 10-15-2005, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: mike m oz ]

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by lmt:

but how do you convert them to 2D so to continue drawing on them in 2d for further detailing? "convert copy to line" or "convert copy to polygone" doesn't work. I thought it would.

ANSWER:

quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Bell@NNA:

Try "Convert to Group" on a viewport to get the various component pieces, rather than Convert to Line or Convert to Polygon.